Children's Conference Lecture

Children's Conference Lecture

Messagepar Paul » Dim Avr 20, 2008 12:15 am

Hello all

This question is in regards to me. I am speaking at a Childrens Conference at the end of this month on the subject of good parenting and how to help parents become better parents. (I am a marriage and family psychotherapist.) Because of personal drama in my personal life as of late, I have been taxed psychologically and am having trouble focusing on the assignment. My question was, "How can I approach this speaking assignment to be successful?"

Just some background: My boss volunteered me for the assignment-- she is a woman, which is only pointed out to help in identifying Tarot images. I was at first annoyed with her, but I took the assignment as an opportunity to bolster my curriculum vitae (résumé). I have spoken many times at conferences and generally enjoy it. I tend to be a perfectionist and over-prepare, but that has been changing in recent years.

Any input would be much apppreciated.

.............................................................................................:Tar10U:
....................:Tar15U: ..................:Tar08U: ..................:Tar18D: :Tar14U:
:Tar03U: :Tar04D: :Tar07U: :Tar01D: :Tar12U: :Tar00U: :Tar16D:
........................................................ :TppfFR:

My preliminary observations are that my woman boss is (III). I was at first perturbed by being "volunteered" (IV) by my boss (III), but agreed to it because it means more exposure (XV) professionally on the public speaking (VII) circuit. Lately, I have had trouble getting motivated to put together disparate ideas into a presentation (I-reversed). The solution has been to carefully evaluate what I need to say (VIII). At present, I'm in limbo (XII)-- although this card is upright, the anxiety doesn't feel positive, but this could be a good place for me psychologically. I feel that the future shows that I will enter into the speaking assignment less prepared than I'd like (0- but still upright). The solution to XVI (whatever it signifies) seems to be allowing myself psychologically to be less perfect, tempering my anxiety (XVIII, reversed + XIIII) with the idea of being more spontaneous (X).

I am not at all afraid of public speaking, but I needed a second eye (or eyes) to look at the reading.

Thanks,

Paul
Paul

FORUM TAROT CAMOIN

Re: Children's Conference Lecture

Messagepar ANNA » Dim Avr 20, 2008 4:02 am

Hola Paul,
I am sure there are the interesting questions ,
but I don't understand very well your post, because i am learning at the actuallyty English language, so my English is very bad. Can you put this question in the French forum too please? for we are the opportunyte of interpretation.
Thank you.

ANNA
ANNA
ancien élève
ancien élève

FORUM TAROT CAMOIN

Messagepar Paul » Dim Avr 20, 2008 7:29 pm

I posted it in the French forum as "Congrès sur l'enfance, conférence tâche".

I hope this expands its purview.

Any English-speaking input is still welcome, since this my language of most comfortableness.
Paul

FORUM TAROT CAMOIN

Messagepar iñigo » Dim Mai 04, 2008 6:41 pm

Hello Paul,

I apologize for not getting to this inquiry before the conference. Giving you an interpretaion of this matter would be unnecessary at this pioont. But keep asking questions and I will try to respond to them as soon as possible. I have a look at the forum every day.

Best regards,
Iñigo
iñigo
ancien élève
ancien élève

FORUM TAROT CAMOIN

Messagepar Paul » Dim Mai 04, 2008 9:25 pm

Here are the results of the reading.

I was preparing at the last minute, due to other circumstances. It was a level of un-preparation to which I am unaccustomed.

Nonetheless, I met the assignment with equanimity, I think, just "doing the best I can".
Any anxiety I had melted into this peace that I was going with the flow.

The presentation was quick, and I viewed it as a seed to be planted to yield more thorough presentations down the road.
Paul

FORUM TAROT CAMOIN

Retourner vers Tarot de Marseille