Should I move on?

Should I move on?

Messagepar Autumn leaves » Dim Oct 24, 2010 5:35 pm

I've known him for several years and we're very good friends. We seemed to be getting closer last year but nothing happened. I have never felt this way about anyone before but logic tells me if he wanted more he would've made his move. Should I forget about him romantically and just enjoy our friendship?
:Tar05U: :Tar17U: :Tar09U: :Tspace:
:Tar15D: :Tar21U: :Tar03D: :Tar06U:
:TppfEN:
Autumn leaves

FORUM TAROT CAMOIN

Re: Should I move on?

Messagepar skip » Mer Oct 27, 2010 1:37 pm

Dear Autumn,

I see the Lover card in the future, and in the solution row, a man and a woman are looking at each other.

In the Present position are two strong, attractive, confident women. Such a woman is likely to be just as capable of taking the initiative. The one feminine card that is reversed, the Empress, could be someone who thinks too much.

Is it necessary for you that the man makes the first move?

:wink:
skip
ancien élève
ancien élève

FORUM TAROT CAMOIN

Messagepar Paul » Mer Oct 27, 2010 3:35 pm

Hi:

I’ll add my two cents. L’Imperatrice represents thoughts. Your question uses the vocabulary of “forget”—this is reflected in L’Imperatrice (reversed). When she is solved, she looks at L’Amoureux. So, you are being told, “No, remember Love, actually.” L’Hermite wants you to ripen what’s already there, to fecundate (Le Toile) the man (Le Pape), errr, so to speak. :oops:

Le Diable (reversed) is your past struggle. Le Monde (the calendar year) reflects your vocabulary (“we seemed to be getting closer last year"); this seems to affirm to you that this closeness should not be negated. Above Le Monde is Le Toile; she is fecundating Le Pape. So, the closeness (Le Toile + Le Pape) was actually productive last year (Le Monde). The Tarot is highlighting this factoid. In case you miss this point, L'Hermite comes on the scene with his lantern, saying, Look at this!

Best regards,
Paul
Paul

FORUM TAROT CAMOIN

Messagepar Paul » Mer Oct 27, 2010 3:38 pm

Throwing a wrench into the wheel, and then I'll withdraw the wrench:

L'Amoureux can represent choices; thus, by you looking at VI when you've got the clear thinking (L'Imperatrice uprights), it could be saying, move on and look elsewhere for love. However, I think that L'Hermite is here in this tirage to remind us that the past activity (Le Toile + Le Pape) is still relevant; and this is the foundation of your question really, Is the closeness that we've built still relevant? L'Hermite is the solution for your thinking (III).

Best,
Paul
Paul

FORUM TAROT CAMOIN

Messagepar Autumn leaves » Mer Oct 27, 2010 5:18 pm

Wow, thanks fellas! And I thought it might be a simple yes/no! Shame on me!

Hmm... could I make the first move? I did actually, a few years ago, and although he didn't feel the same way and we didn't see each other for a while, it didn't scare him off and he's always treated me with absolute respect. I honestly think it's up to him, we're not kids any more and hey, men do the chasing, right?

My head says "Move on, it's not happening" but my heart feels it will happen. I've never felt connected like this before - may sound bizarre but my nose itches when he thinks about me (a lot) and even when he's on a different continent (like now)! I feel it's just a matter of time, but my friends think I'm nuts.

I'll see how it goes and I'll let you know if anything happens (either way).

Take care :)
Autumn leaves

FORUM TAROT CAMOIN

Messagepar Autumn leaves » Sam Juin 18, 2011 12:38 pm

:Tspace: :Tar20U: :Tspace: :Tspace: :Tspace: :Tspace:
:Tar18U: :Tar06D: :Tar02U: :Tspace: :Tspace: :Tspace:
:Tar15D: :Tar07U: :Tar04D: :Tar01U: :Tspace: :Tspace:
:Tspace: :Tar16D: :Tar14U: :Tar11D: :Tar09U: :Tspace:
:Tspace: :Tspace: :Tspace: :Tar13U: :Tar00D: :Tar17U:
:Tspace: :Tspace: :Tspace: :TppfEN:

Hi!
8 months later, nothing notable has happened. We still see each other every week, we still get on really well and I still feel that the connection we have is incredibly strong. Which brings me to think that if it's not happening, even though it looked like it could, has something changed? Is the outlook still positive? Or is there another reason for this amazing platonic friendship - could we have been linked in a previous life or is there another explanation? Any light you could throw on this would be v much appreciated!
Autumn leaves

FORUM TAROT CAMOIN

Messagepar Dominique » Jeu Juin 23, 2011 11:28 am

Dear Autumn,

I see a man who is caught in between a beautiful confident woman (l'Etoile) and something or someone that either scares him or agresses him, what/who is it?
Instead of going whithout hesitation towards the Star (forming one of the perfect couples of the Tarot), he turns back looking at the XIII arcana.

Do you know what/who has been troubling him recently? The solution is l'Hermite, so acting as a wise man but then he has to face more difficult energies...

Things and feelings should be spoken out but all the communication cards are upside down (La Force, Le Diable, l'Amoureux and even if La Lune is up, the communication is sometimes not clear enough with this arcana).

The solution though is to shed some light on all these unspoken "things", energies, feelings so strengh could come back (XI), inspired choice (VI) and so a new life could be revealed (XX).

Hope this helps!

Take care

Dominique
Dom
Dominique
ancien élève
ancien élève

FORUM TAROT CAMOIN

Messagepar Autumn leaves » Dim Juin 26, 2011 7:36 pm

Hello Dominique,

Thx for yr insights. Yes, they're v helpful. Not sure about the solution though: "to shed some light". Do you see how this should happen; are you suggesting I should broach the subject?? I would hate to destroy something by jumping in feet first. I learnt that the Hermit means things happens slowly, so instinctively feel I should just let things happen.

Brgds.
Autumn leaves

FORUM TAROT CAMOIN

Messagepar Dominique » Lun Juin 27, 2011 2:27 pm

Dear Autumn,
By all means follow your instinct, especially if you feel, as you mentioned before that the "man should be doing the chasing" :wink:
You are right, some years ago, he surely remembers how you feel about him, and if he is shy, knowing this should give him confidence shouldn't it?
All the best.
Dominiquethe Hermit is a man of wisdom and patience. However, do you see how your last spread is going up towards le Jugement which is when things are revealed...
How long will it take? that is another question... but you do not seem to be in a hurry.
Since you have that strong connection and precious friendship, have you tried to ask him how he sees his future, what he wants in his life?... you know, general talking as friends do... just so you could get some hints and see if you are in the picture... without being too pushy.
Since you expressed your feelings
Dom
Dominique
ancien élève
ancien élève

FORUM TAROT CAMOIN

Messagepar Autumn leaves » Jeu Juin 30, 2011 4:39 pm

Hello Dominique,

Words of wisdom! Ok, will see how it goes, and if I feel brave enough to talk about future plans (which are never mentioned). Will let you know...

Thank you!
Autumn leaves

FORUM TAROT CAMOIN

Messagepar Dominique » Jeu Juin 30, 2011 5:50 pm

Dear Autumn,
Yes, let's see how it goes...
Do let us know, we keep our fingers crossed!
Kind Rgds
Dominique
Dom
Dominique
ancien élève
ancien élève

FORUM TAROT CAMOIN

Messagepar Autumn leaves » Dim Déc 11, 2011 8:54 am

Hi,
Just to let you know nothing's changed on the surface. We're still close, and I've reconciled myself to the fact that nothing will probably happen.
I feel very lucky to have him as a friend, so things could be a lot worse!
Thanks for all your advice and help.
Autumn leaves

FORUM TAROT CAMOIN

Messagepar Dominique » Lun Déc 12, 2011 8:54 pm

Hi there,
Nice to hear from you, thank you.
Yes, as you mention, friendship is very important.. so I am glad to read that you are happy with the way things are going between you for the time being.
Take good care
Dominique
Dom
Dominique
ancien élève
ancien élève

FORUM TAROT CAMOIN

Retourner vers Tarot de Marseille