What now?

What now?

Messagepar hebercosta » Dim Jan 09, 2011 2:27 am

Hello friends,

I just finished a short contract job in Haiti, recent post graduate student. Before Haiti, was studying abroad and now I am back to my home country looking for a long-term international job.

Question:

Will I get an international job soon?

:Tar19U: :Tspace: :Tspace:
:Tar10D: :Tar01U: :Tar16U:
:Tar11U: :Tar02D: :Tar08D:
:TppfPT:
hebercosta

FORUM TAROT CAMOIN

Re: What now?

Messagepar hebercosta » Dim Jan 16, 2011 3:40 pm

I would really appreciate a kind help from any of you with this reading. My guess is a yes, but then again, doing readings for oneself can be a dangerous endeavor. ;)
hebercosta

FORUM TAROT CAMOIN

Messagepar Paul » Lun Jan 17, 2011 9:47 pm

Hello:

Hmmmm. Tough one.

The job contracts are illustrated by La Papesse (she has a contract in hand) coupled with La Justice, essentially combining to provide the meaning of "contract"; or, we could say the Law of Repetition is at work, as both cards can mean "contract". However, they are reversed, as well as into the future, thus indicating a problem.

Other elements that stand out to me: Le Bateleur (employment) stands as a solution regarding reversed La Roue de Fortune. La Roue de Fortune could represent your short term international job that came and went quickly. However, did you meet someone there in Haiti who will provide the connection (Le Soleil) that you need now, as mirrored in La Maison Dieu?

I also notice that La Force and Le Bateleur form a natural couple in the Tarot-- and they tend to be a couple that starts things-- very apropos for your question. One half of the couple (La Force-- perhaps you) is on the bottom row, stuck trying to find work (La Papesse and La Justice, reversed). The other half of the couple (Le Bateleur, your potential employer) is, once again, regarding La Roue de Fortune and Le Soleil as the solution.

I'll go out on a limb here-- when I saw La Maison Dieu, I thought of the recent earthquake, especially coupled with sunny Le Soleil, as a symbol of Haiti, using the law of extremities.

Is your next international job, actually tied to your last? If it doesn't signify this, then perhaps La Maison Dieu signifies something suddently dropping from heaven, so to speak, a connection associated with someone in the past.

Best regards,
Paul
Paul

FORUM TAROT CAMOIN

Messagepar skip » Mar Jan 18, 2011 11:04 am

Hello Hebercosta,

You don't mention what your home country is, so I will share my own experience. I live in an island country, so international is the same as "overseas." La Roue is a boat on an ocean and in my experience often refers to overseas travel (doesn't have to be by boat). since here it is reversed next to Le Bateleur upright, I think the likely answer is "yes to job, no to it being overseas."

Naturally, if you live in the EU it could still be international without being overseas. Le Soleil as the final solution card suggests that it will be a very nice job nevertheless. La Maison Dieu also reinforces the idea of a good place to work. And the indications are that it might even be your dream job, and/or well paying. (Both, I hope!)

Best of luck to you,

Skip
skip
ancien élève
ancien élève

FORUM TAROT CAMOIN

Messagepar hebercosta » Mer Jan 19, 2011 2:17 pm

Thank you very much indeed Paul and Skip!

Very much appreciated responses ;) to be honest, knowing a bit about Tarot, and obviously knowing more about my past and present situation, I could not quite see a rather "clear cut" reading with this spread of mine. :(

Coming to your questions, Paul, this job is not linked with someone I met in Haiti, it is more like you said, "something dropping" on my lap. In fact, this is what just happened last week, I was contacted for a position in East Timor, doing something I would really like and it would set the base for my future career goals. (would not earn much though) The opportunity is however not certain, for I am competing with two other candidates. In the beginning I had no intentions whatsoever to go to East Timor, I wanted in fact to return to Haiti, but my plan backfired since elections have been postponed.... maybe La Maison Dieu, could signify this?

What I cannot quite grasp is the reversed La Justice (?) Currently I have the possibility to work for a politician doing International Relations type of work in Brazil (to answer your question Skip) I have no details abt the position nor the pay, but I would only assume it would be very well payed. Maybe the reversed La justice can signify this unbalanced relationship between doing what I really want (East timor) and being underpaid, and doing what I dont want to do but getting a good pay?

We have a "joke - saying" here that goes like this "Everything is set and nothing solved" (it makes more sense in Portuguese..lol,) this is my reality at the moment.

A wash up question:

" How will my next job be like???"

:Tspace: :Tar08U: :Tspace: :Tspace:
:Tar13U: :Tar18D: :Tar11U: :Tar17U:

Thank you once again for time and kind considerations,

Love to all!
hebercosta

FORUM TAROT CAMOIN

Messagepar Paul » Mer Jan 19, 2011 9:20 pm

Hello.

Your input is helpful. This speaks to why these online readings do lack something in the back-and-forth realtime collaboration that makes a tirage richer. So, given your input, it;s possible that your pining for the unavailable job in Haiti may be appropriately demonstrated by Le Bateleur looking back to the past at La Roue de Fortune(reversed), with Le Soleil above. It was a strong job (La Force). La Maison Dieu solves La Justice (reversed). Yes, this could speak to the fact that a job comes landing in your lap, but that there is a problem with the perfect balance.

In regards to your second tirage and question, the combination of La Force and Le Toile bodes very well, but what did you mean by "what is it like?" I find the Tarot to be very precise when given precise questions, but also rather literal with questions. Were you asking, "will the job be to my liking?" or "what is the nature of the job?" or "what is the atmosphere of the job?" or even "what is the geography of the job?" etc.

My two cents.

Best ! :D
Paul

FORUM TAROT CAMOIN

Messagepar hebercosta » Ven Jan 28, 2011 8:19 pm

Paul my friend,

Thank you an immense for your two cents, (that are actually worth a whole lot more) :)
Yes, I very much agree with you, the richness of online readings are sometimes not as deep and detailed. In fact, I have always wanted to know more about this topic. When it comes to readings, is it not necessary to have the person's energy behind the selection of cards? How does that apply to online readings? There is a very well respected Tarologist whom I highly respect and trust, (indeed some fantastic and precise readings) that never accepted to do a reading over the phone with me, precisely because she argues that there is no way to open the tarot to the "void". Can you enlighten me on this one? :)

Now, to my question: wow, I did not know one could now more about geographical locations with the Tarot!!!! How do I learn more about this? Can you suggest a book, articles, or smt the like that talks about this topic? Knowing more about this connection would for sure help me a whole lot :)

So, if I may reformulate my question and ask:

Where will be the geographical location of my next job?

:Tar16U: :Tar14U: :Tspace:
:Tar20D: :Tar00D: :Tar15U:

Thank you an immense :))
hebercosta

FORUM TAROT CAMOIN

Messagepar Paul » Jeu Fév 03, 2011 5:52 pm

Hello hebercosta:

Well, I can't really contribute anything intelligent to the "void" idea of the Tarologist you mention, but would only say that, any force that is assisting the Tarot-- whether Guides, angels, ascended masters, aliens, fairies, trolls, goblins, leprechauns or kind little church mice-- well, if "they" can do this magic, then they can overcome the wee little problem of time/space. IMHO. :wink:

As far as the geographical location of your job, what does Le Diable offer you in associations? I have found that the Tarot speaks like a child. For example, imagine in a child went to Paris, what would the child remember, perhaps the Eiffell Tower (thus La Maison Dieu might signify Paris); if El Salvador? Perhaps, trees, so Le Toille would stand in nicely; if my State in the USA, perhaps tornadoes, so Le Jugement might be a nice picture of tornadoes. The solution cards might also signify the locale and Le Diable the contract. So, give a looksie and see if anything stands out.

Paul
Paul

FORUM TAROT CAMOIN

Messagepar skip » Ven Fév 04, 2011 7:14 am

Hello Hebercosta,

Yes, I very much agree with you, the richness of online readings are sometimes not as deep and detailed.

I agree that there are limitations to the context of a forum, but I would rather say that the degree of depth and detail depends a lot on how much the querent reveals of what she is thinking when she asks the question. The Tarot responds directly to the querent, and in a visual language that is both precise and personal. The more precisely you ask the question and reveal the gestalt of what is on your mind when you ask it, the more simple and obvious the answer.

In regard to your question about location, I agree with Paul that the future card, Le Diable, is where to look for your answer. I myself generally discourage location questions unless the person has narrowed it down to a few specific places; after all, there are clearly more than 22 places in the world, after all, so cards have multiple duties.

For instance, the card Le Soleil (from your first reading) could indicate any sunny country or island. It could also be a country associated with the sun, such as Japan—even a "twinned" country (such as two countries on one island, or two countries with the same name, etc), due to the Gemini symbolism. Another example: an obvious meaning of Le Pape as a place would be Rome or the Vatican City, but it could also be a number of other places, including Jerusalem (historical site of the Temple of Solomon)—or it could be the town where you went to school as a child, or even where your father (papa) lives right now. Le Diable could be a country presently ruled by a dictatorship, or a place that resonates with the imagery and/or symbolism, such as India or Indonesia, or a country that has colonies or is still a colony. In any case, there would seem to be some sort of restriction of freedom or independance.

In general, though, I much prefer to answer questions that are clearly empowering to the querent, questions that focus on things within the sphere of influence of the querent rather than things that are out of the querent's hands. The Tarot is an amazing tool for awakening; to use it only to predict the future to me is like using a supersonic jet plane to plow a potato field.

Of course, sometimes, you've done all you can do and you are just waiting for an answer... (Believe me, I've been there.) So I understand where your question is coming from.

Finally, my experience is that the Tarot actually hears us quite well the first time, so I bet that there is an important message for you in the earlier reading—if you can remember what exactly you wanted to know. Thus I would be curious to go back to your question/reading "what will my next job be like?" and explore what you meant when you were asking it, rather than continuing to ask new questions and doing spread after spread.

The Tarot is a wise being, and one reading can bring surprising depth, even on a forum—but there are strong indications that he/she/it speaks most clearly to those who treat it with reverence, and listen very carefully to the response.

best,
Skip
skip
ancien élève
ancien élève

FORUM TAROT CAMOIN

Messagepar Paul » Sam Fév 05, 2011 5:35 pm

Skip:

I used my super sonic jet engines to dry my hair-- very effective, yet overkill, I realize.
:lol:

xoxo
Paul
Paul

FORUM TAROT CAMOIN

Messagepar hebercosta » Dim Fév 06, 2011 2:35 am

Dear Paul,

Two cents, here two cents there and you are making me a rich person! Thank you for enlightening me with your humble opinion! My take is that there are methods and methods! The Tarot speaks the same message with different voices, approaches, through different ways, according to the reader and the querent, the energy of the moment..... Sometimes it opens up what is hidden, and sometimes it deliberately decides to conceal (as it has been the case with me once or twice) Of course, the more precise the question the more precise the answer, I have always been taught that in the past, and now here with you and Skip, and this is where the real time reader/querent exchange comes to the table, a question of "richness" not "validity" :)

I indulged in deep thinking about about my question and Le Diable as the response to it, I have to admit that when you mentioned that it would be possible to observe geographical locations in a reading my curiosity was shaken! As someone who was never a "formal" student of a specific school/method/ or had a teacher etc. I have always learned the little I know (other than reading books) by exchanging information, ideas, listening to other people who have been initiated with more experience and knowledge. The spheres of geography and time have always been the more sensitive ones, and yet, I have seen a Tarologist open up a discussion about where would a specif querent would end up, that just intrigued me how could she see that, how could it be possible.....? Of course to someone who is interested on the answer in itself and not the Tarot the how is meaningless, as a seeker the story is a bit different for myself, this is the entire background to how I came to my last question.

Thinking about Le Diable and how I put the question (saying Geographical location, rather than meaning a country/more specific place) I get that Asia in general could be a fit. This is the most conflictive region in the world, it seems that bondage from the present and past keep on pushing back the development and true freedom of some countries, poverty and conflicts have fundamentally different root causes than in Africa for example - possibly being represented by the moon- So the whole Idea of the current political scenario in Timor-Leste, and its region, and Le Diable do make some sort of sense to me. But like Skip has just mentioned there are obviously more than 22 countries in the world, and Le Diable could just as well be here in my backyard. Hope I am not too off track here. :D

Dear Skip: Your supersonic jet engines not only dried my hair, but made me a bald young man.... lol, :D

Thank you very much indeed for sharing your knowledge and patience. By no means I doubt the spiritual context and connection with the oracle via a web forum (had that been the case I myself would not be here) in case I have left the impression of using the Tarot "only to predict the future" allow me with mind and heart open to correct this assumption. Over the past 4 years, I have had some deep spiritual experiences with the Tarot that have awaken me! They go far beyond than just "predicting the future" but more centered to my inner self and my way back to the Source. A wise woman once taught me that "we do not choose the Tarot, but it chooses us" ;)

Any indication of disrespect, or "spread after spread" syndrome, could be explained by your upper level of knowledge - thus having a wider and more clear vision- of the Tarot- and my limited knowledge and seeker mind that comes with a pure heart , - thus I understand that the oracle knows where I am coming from, despite my occasional not so precise and to the point questions- At the end of the day, I guess it is a question of connection, the more you are connected the clear you "reveal the gestalt" of your mind, we clearly both stand in different levels, not a question of reverence.... ;)

Coming to you point of what I meant by my second question "what will my next job be like?" I was seeking insight of the "Modus Operandi" of the job, only later I mentioned that I had two possibilities, one in Timor-Leste, and the other one here in Brazil, both political oriented -but very different in day to day task- jobs. As of now, I still wait for a response from both sides, like you correctly pointed out, -I have done all I could, now all I have to do is simply wait-

My heart lays in Timor-Leste, but I have never specifically questioned about my lading or not landing this job, (perhaps fear of an answer that I would not want to receive) this is why the question turned out "will i get an international job soon" and not "will I get the job in Timor-Leste?" Oh brother! Nobody said it would be easy eh? :) As someone who has been there, done that, -and maybe even bought the T-shirt- perhaps now that I tried to make myself clear we could go back to the first spread, and dig out the important message as you have suggested, :)

Many thanks once again to both of you! :)

Open arms,
hebercosta

FORUM TAROT CAMOIN

Messagepar Paul » Dim Fév 06, 2011 5:49 am

hebercosta a écrit:I have to admit that when you mentioned that it would be possible to observe geographical locations in a reading my curiosity was shaken! As someone who was never a "formal" student of a specific school/method/ or had a teacher etc. I have always learned the little I know (other than reading books) by exchanging information, ideas, listening to other people who have been initiated with more experience and knowledge. The spheres of geography and time have always been the more sensitive ones,

It is possible to see anything in the Tarot, because the symbols adapt to the specific question and the idiosyncrasies of the question and the personality of the querent. However, let me offer this caveat: The "anything" must be salient, meaningful and not the product of a parlor game. In the context of your question, if the geographic location is salient (from the Latin, to "leap out") to the querent in the context of the dilemma -- i.e. if it leaps out as pertinent to know the geograpic location...if the dilemma cannot be seemingly solved without this particular data-- then the Tarot answers. We approach the Tarot with a dilemma, at least frequently, at least I do. But, I do not approach the Tarot like a Ouija Board: To know facts voyeuristically, simply for the sake of knowing. What I mean to say is, if it is of salient necessity for one to know a geographic location to resolve a dilemma, then carry on. But, if the answer can be obtained without such factoids, then we are in Ouija Land. Ouija Land is much like Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory-- one can get sick on the candy gluttony. :wink:

Paul
Paul

FORUM TAROT CAMOIN

Messagepar skip » Dim Fév 06, 2011 12:28 pm

Dear Hebercosta,

Please forgive me if my response sounded somewhat pontifical. That's a part of my personality I try to minimize; sometimes it insists on coming up and delivering a sermon or two :oops: :wink: Reading your response, I can sense your sincerity; mostly I just wanted to say that it's a shame to move on too fast from one reading when there is such richness there to be discovered.

So thanks for clarifying what you meant by "what will my next job be like?".

I was seeking insight of the "Modus Operandi" of the job, only later I mentioned that I had two possibilities, one in Timor-Leste, and the other one here in Brazil, both political oriented -but very different in day to day task- jobs.

Now we have something to work with! Normally I would ask more about the work you do in order to see what specific messages the Tarot may have for you and eliminate the guessing game part of the process, but I'll tell you what I see:

Arcanum XIII facing La Lune upside down suggests working in a country or community where there is open conflict. This can be on a national level or a local level. La Justice as solution can be anything from political action (for justice, human rights, etc.), mediation between parties in conflict, to psychological services or other types of education that empower people to create peace, balance, equality, and stability.

From the two women, La Force and L'Etoile, I get the impression that it could be that women will be the main participants in the work; it could also be the idea of Government (XI) and Service (XVII) coming together in collaboration. In any case, overall there is a sense of facing conflict and bringing resolution, a very optimistic sense of your job having a positive impact.

Please tell me that I'm in the right ballpark. I'd hate to hear that your new job involves throwing naked women to the lions!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

best,
Skip
skip
ancien élève
ancien élève

FORUM TAROT CAMOIN

Messagepar J.Roberts » Lun Fév 07, 2011 5:29 pm

Hello Hebercosta: You ask if you will get an international job soon, and your card in the future position is Justice Reversed, and your impression is "this means yes." I am curious, what is your reason for thinking that Justice Reversed, (a card of decisions going against you), indicates a positive outcome to your question?
J.Roberts

FORUM TAROT CAMOIN

Retourner vers Tarot de Marseille